Monday, November 9, 2009

Crazy hard

2009-02-07 056

I know it's been a few weeks since I last posted and a bunch of you have written to ask what's going on. Thank you for your concern - it's lovely to be missed and I really do appreciate it. Sadly, these past few weeks have been very difficult for our family - A.'s dearly beloved grandma passed away, and though she lived a long, full and wonderful life, her passing was unexpected and shook us to the core. We've spent this time with our family, trying to accept the fact that at the next dinner, at the next birthday, she will only be watching us from above. It's crazy hard.

I haven't really felt like picking up my camera, but I saw something the other day that I know she would have really liked and I want to make it and share it with you. I hope it will be soon.

23 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

My deepest sympathies go out to you.

Nutmeg Nanny said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Snooky doodle said...

Im sorry.:(

Sonia said...

Deepest solace from here!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I want to offer my sympathies.

El said...

I'm incredibly sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Irene said...

Thank you, it really means a lot.

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Expected or unexpected it is never easy to lose someone who means so much to you. Take time to grieve and remember, and look after yourselves.

The Food Librarian said...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my deepest sympathies.

Linnea Eileen said...

Oh wow, Irene. Grief is a very complex creature and affects everyone in it's own unique way. You've heard all the advice, and know things in your head - it's just hard to convince the heart that the pain of loss will go away. Take your time. The day will come when the joy of memories will be stronger than the sting of separation. And your dear grandmother would tell you to go ahead and cook, I think. It might not make you feel better, but those who get to smell the numminess will be grateful.

Bunny said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Y said...

Very sorry to hear about her passing.

Barbara said...

So sorry for you loss Irene.

Irina@PastryPal said...

Irene, That must be so tough. I'm really sorry.

Dewi said...

My deepest sympathies to you and your family Irene.

Eileen @ Passions to Pastry said...

I am so sorry about your loss, Irene.

dining table said...

My deepest sympathies to all members of your family.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your familys loss. Prayers from my family to yours in your time of need and sorrow.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I'm very sorry for your loss!
~ingrid

Lisa Johnson said...

I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts to you and your family.

Ash said...

Dearest thoughts and sympathies go out to you.

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you all are doing okay.

Unknown said...

I have not been here in a while, only to read the sad news. So sorry, dear Irene. It will be tough during for a while. Sending you xoxo

Fiona